The University of Concepción Cultural Corporation and its Symphony Orchestra present the first Outreach Season 2018, bringing free concerts to several counties and educational institutions with the purpose of attracting and creating new audiences.
From Tuesday 13 to Friday 16 March, the orchestra will split into two sections (strings plus percussion, and winds plus percussion), which will perform the same program of Latin American folkloric pieces, including La cumparsita, La Violeta y la Parra, La pollera colorá, Flor de la canela, Alma llanera and Chan chan in music arrangements by Rodrigo Tapia Salfate, and led by our Resident Conductor, the Chilean Pablo Carrasco Villablanca.
String and percussion ensamble, 37 musicians:
- Tuesday 13, 11:30, Colegio Arauco.
- Wednesday 14, 19:30, Gimnasio Municipal, Santa Juana.
- Thursday 15, 20:00, Colegio Concepción, Chiguayante.
- Friday 16, 17:00, Colegio Alonso de Ercilla, Hualqui.
Wind and percussion ensemble, 23 musicians:
- Tuesday 13, 16:00, Liceo Fiscal de Niñas, Concepción.
- Wednesday 14, 11:30, Liceo Experimental, Concepción.
- Thursday 15, 12:15, Escuela Nuevo Toqui Caupolicán, Cañete.
- Friday 16, 12:00, Colegio Técnico Profesional los Acacios, Concepción.