The University of Concepción Cultural Corporation will officially reopen the UdeC Theater—which has remained closed from December for refurbishment—with a symphony concert on Friday 7 April at 19:00.
This will be the first concert of the Concepción Symphony’s 2017 season. Admission is free, no invitations required. Admittance will be on a first-come first-served basis, until seating capacity is reached.
- Fryderyk Chopin: Piano Concerto nº 2
- Giuseppe Verdi: Overture to “La forza del destino”
- Giuseppe Verdi: “Caro nome” (from “Rigoletto”)
- Giacomo Puccini: Crisantemi (Elegy for strings)
- Charles Gounod: “Je veux vivre” (from “Roméo et Juliette”)
- Pietro Mascagni: Intermezzo from “Cavalleria rusticana”
- Jacques Offenbach: “Les oiseaux dans la charmille” (from “Les contes d’Hoffmann”)
- Johann Strauss II: Overture & “Mein Herr Marquis” (from “Die Fledermaus”)
Piano: Kimball Gallagher (USA)
Soprano: Maria Carla Pino Cury (Brazil-Chile-Switzerland)
Conductor: David Navarro Turres (Chile-Belgium)